At RJS Consultants we understand that formal project techniques such as PRINCE2, SDLC, SSADM, (and others) as well as development techniques such as RAD and JAD, are extremely important to deliver a project to time and budget.
However, whilst these formal techniques are important, they must not be so inflexible that a short 4 week project is overloaded with 6 weeks of documentation!
To cope with this we have developed project processes that help the project manager control a project in a flexible fashion, with the ability to deliver reports and project scorecards in keeping with the size of the project.
Our processes are so flexible that we only demand 2 mandatory documents for a project – a scope document (so that everyone understands what is required) and a completion document (so that we both agree when a project is complete), both signed by ourselves and the client. All the remainder of the project steps are likely to be used, but the project manager has the responsibility of which steps are relevant to the project.
As the client you can have supreme confidence in the progress and delivery of the project, with excellent communication and visibility at regular intervals.
Totally separate from the general computer and network support, RJS Consultants can offer businesses (both large and small) consulting services from Programme Management to Interim Management to Strategic Review.
As an outsider, our Consulting Service can be an ideal way to review what is happening in your IT department, and then define a strategy to move the department forward and add value to the business. It is our firm belief, proven in practice, that IT supports the business – NOT, the other way round.
To give a flavour of our recent engagements, RJS Consultants have:
- Programme managed the investigation, design and implementation of a Paperless Office in a firm of Accountants
- Performed an Outsourcing investigation for a major Retailer
- Programme managed the switch to a new business CRM application at a Medical Recruitment Agency
- Performed the investigation, tendering and implementation to outsource a company’s IT, whilst at the same time moving to a thin client solution
Reporting to board level directors, these roles have also become involved in other IT strategic changes, including:
- IT Interim Management and the outsource of the IT department
- Changeover to a Citrix and Thin Client environment
- Development and implementation of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans
In essence, RJS Consultants can help when there would be a benefit for your organisation to have an independent and external view, free from the political and other baggage that sometimes colours the conclusions that might be arrived at. To find out more information please contact us.