Computer Service- Like an MOT!
As time goes by, computers (like all cars) collect a lot of rubbish that can slow them down. On the computer, this can be quite a gradual process, but it does cause delays and wear out.
Moreover, like cars, a regular service keeps it running smoothly. The general computer, with average use, should be cleaned each year, or if heavily used a 6-month interval clean could help.
RJS Consultants have created a service that is available to its clients called the “Computer MOT” in which a thorough clean of the computer is performed, including:
- The Windows internal areas
- The temporary files that have accumulated
- Startup routines that are unnecessary and slow down the computer when you turn it on.
- Scheduled activity that is unnecessary
- Removing software that you don’t need any more
- Removing software that has downloaded even though you didn’t specifically ask for it
- Internet settings that slow down the access to the Internet.
- Checking the computer history for evidence of problems that need sorting out.
- Update drivers from vendors